Rosedale International Education – Committed to Transforming Education
Rosedale International Education Inc. (Toronto, Canada) is a leading practitioner and solution provider in scaling the delivery of global K-12 differentiated education. Embracing innovation in academics and technology, Rosedale takes modern education to new heights, delivering life-changing learning outcomes to students around the world.
Rosedale Academy is a global high school (Ontario Ministry of Education BSID 668726), operated by Rosedale International Education Inc. We are dedicated to building strong partnerships with top secondary schools around the world to provide students with access to differentiated education with an emphasis on higher order thinking skills, while studying in their local school’s classroom.
We empower our international partner schools to embrace their local expertise in teaching and learning. Rosedale Academy delivers a range of robust curriculum rooted in the Ontario Secondary School Diploma and advanced by disruptive innovation in education technology, data-driven learning management, and comprehensive quality assurance services to ensure students reach their full potential and open pathways to their future. Our global high school program has reached a partnership base of 51 schools in 13 countries in its four-year partnership development.
Reporting to Director of Academics, the Content Lead, English/ESL (Grades 9-12) is expected to be a subject matter expert who is responsible for developing digital courses and instructional materials that align with the Ontario curriculum and Rosedale Global High School standards of instructional excellence.
- Be accountable for the innovation, high standards and quality assurance of Rosedale course portfolio in the assigned subject areas.
- Follow and apply best practices, current trends, and research on innovation and development in the field of instructional design, content creation and educational technology.
- Design, develop and review high level course content, including lesson, unit, learning activities, assessments, supplemental instructional material for lesson plans with a focus on higher order thinking skills, alignment with the Ontario curriculum, Rosedale success criteria of curriculum development and Rosedale Global High School standards of instructional excellence.
- Lead, guide and support other developers as the subject matter expert in the creation of course content.
- Conduct subject matter expert review in curriculum development, ensuring that developers are addressing curriculum expectations and Rosedale’s curriculum standards.
- Facilitate various assessment committee meetings (e.g. content review, data review) and provide content expertise during those sessions.
- Work with project management, editorial, design and digital production experts to develop instructional design plans that support course content within digital program platform.
- Work with the user interface team to design how content will be presented, organized and accessed within the program.
Teacher Training and Instructional Excellence
- Take ownership of the development and quality assurance of subject specific areas in Rosedale teacher training and professional development programs.
- Conduct training sessions on curriculum, instructional strategies, and assessments and evaluations to teachers in the Rosedale Global High School community and external parties.
- Provide guidance and best practices on instructional excellence of subject courses in Rosedale’s Global High School Program.
Academic Pitching and Educational Content Marketing
- Collaborate with the business development and marketing teams to support, and advocate for, the value and quality of Rosedale’s curriculum and instructional excellence in your subject area.
- Communicate Rosedale’s curriculum and instructional excellence through various formats (e.g. presentations, conferences, articles, blogs) to all stakeholder groups including school partners, prospective partners, universities and industry alliances.
Qualifications and Requirements
- At least 7+ years of experience in classroom teaching, curriculum development or other related formal educational experience (e.g. educational publishing, educational technology).
- Have in-depth subject specific knowledge in content development and instructional excellence.
- Knowledge and experience with the Ontario curriculum and Growing Success framework.
- Ability to write, review and edit high quality content for both educators and students.
- Great written and verbal communication skills to conduct teacher training sessions and articulate best practices while maintaining the quality of the curriculum.
- Knowledge of development processes to build digital products.
- Knowledge of properly constructed multiple-choice and technology-enhanced test items.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to focus on the details required to produce quality content.
- Experience in guiding other developers and working with interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to implement new processes, procedures and standards in an environment of continuous improvement and change.
- Ability to interpret numbers, reports, data and trends and use that information to inform decisions, program improvements and communication.
Qualifications and Requirements
- EdTech experience
- Digital instruction and assessment authoring experience
7030 Woodbine Avenue, Suite 800, Markham ON L3R 6G2 (currently all staff work remotely)
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to submit an application package in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Content Lead: English/ESL (grades 9-12).
Your application package should include the following documents:
- Cover letter indicating the position applied to, career objectives, and fit with the position
- Resume of qualifications and experience
September 30, 2021