Rosedale International Education – Committed to Transforming Education
Rosedale International Education Inc. (Toronto, Canada) delivers school learning solutions in K-12 transformative global education. Embracing innovation in academics and technology, Rosedale provides international schools a holistic education solution, supported by an integrated digital learning platform with transformative curriculum and comprehensive quality assurance services, to create life-changing learning outcomes to students around the world. Rosedale International Education operates Rosedale Global High School.
Rosedale Global High School
Rosedale Global High School delivers technology enabled and transformative learning experiences to a new generation of learners. We partner with top international secondary schools to expand access to world-renowned education that empowers students to design their future and meet their full potential as global citizens—with the benefit of studying in their local school’s classroom. We are committed to our growing diverse network and community and are proud to offer the Rosedale Global High School Programs to 6,500+ students across 95 schools in 17 countries—and growing.
The Financial Controller will play a key role by examining, analyzing, and evaluating the entirety of Rosedale’s financial and accounting activities, and mapping out Rosedale’s financial future with insightful analysis and reporting.
Duties and responsibilities
Financial Planning and Forecasting
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative analysis of Rosedale business and operational aspects to evaluate Rosedale’s progress to map out future goals and plans
- Consider economic and business trend, review past Rosedale performance, and attempt to anticipate obstacles and potential problems, all with an eye toward forecasting Rosedale’s future financial results
- Create, update and maintain financial models and detailed forecasts of Rosedale’s future business and operations
- Work closely with senior management and provide financial advisory support to help achieve financial targets, identify risks & opportunities, and provide high quality performance measurement analysis
- Evaluate strategic projects and investment opportunities to provide insightful proposals to senior management
Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Prepare a variety of management reports including reports to support executive presentations, trend analysis, financial analysis & modeling to senior management
- Provide financial analysis including operational performance trends, variance analysis against business plan and historical results, identify operational and strategic implications, and help to provide meaningful, actionable insights, advice, recommendations, and key actions to management
- Manage and be responsible for the annual corporate budgeting process, prepare regular updates to meet business and reporting requirements
- Work with individual departments to prepare budget; Examine and evaluate the cost-efficiency of each department
Billing, AR/AP and Tax Management
- Manage partner invoicing, payment collection and AR management
- Manage accounting transactions including expense management, accounts payable, account reconciliations, etc.
- Work with external professional accounting firms to process cross-board transaction optimization, tax optimization, etc.
- Other accounting duties that management may require
- Establish, improve and implement financial and accounting practice at both corporate and department level to support the corporate objectives, create business value, and enhance financial operational efficiency
Required experience and knowledge
- 3+ years Financial Controller experiences and 5+ years Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) experiences
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field
- Professional designation (CPA, CA, CMA or CFA) is requested
- Demonstrated ability in financial planning and analysis, reporting and analytics, and partnering with senior leaders; able to clearly link financial results to strategic and operational objectives
- Strong business and financial acumen, with exceptional communication skills and strong interpersonal skills, with keen attention to detail
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills, and a proven ability to “build the story” with financial data and results
- Proven ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment with numerous competing priorities and tight deadlines
- Expert level skills using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Work location, compensation and benefits
- Head Office – 7030 Woodbine Avenue, Suite 800, Markham ON L3R 6G2
- Staff are currently able to work remotely, expectation for in-office work/critical meetings TBD
- Work-location policy: This role is currently a remote/work-from-home position. The candidate may be required to report to the corporate office on occasion for collaborative administrative work and international partner school / high education delegation visits. The candidate should be able and willing to commute to Rosedale HQ office at Markham.
- Compensation: Competitive package with benefits. Rosedale offers an extended health benefit plan, vacation time, and opportunities for skill/education development.
How to apply
Interested candidates are asked to submit an application package to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Financial Controller
Your application package should include the following:
- Cover letter indicating the position applied to, career objectives, and fit with the position
- Resume of qualifications and experiences
Applications must be received by Monday, July 31, 2023—we look forward to hearing from you!