Rosedale International Education – Committed to Transforming Education
Rosedale International Education Inc. (Toronto, Canada) delivers school learning solutions in K-12 transformative global education. Embracing innovation in academics and technology, Rosedale provides international schools a holistic education solution, supported by an integrated digital learning platform with transformative curriculum and comprehensive quality assurance services, to create life-changing learning outcomes to students around the world. Rosedale International Education operates Rosedale Global High School.
Rosedale Global High School delivers technology enabled and transformative learning experiences to a new generation of learners. We partner with top international secondary schools to expand access to world-renowned education that empowers students to design their future and meet their full potential as global citizens—with the benefit of studying in their local school’s classroom. We are committed to our growing diverse network and community, and are proud to offer the Rosedale Global High School Programs to 6,500+ students across 95 schools in 17 countries—and growing.
About the role
The Head of Teaching and Learning can expect to have the following responsibilities:
Teaching and Learning Practice Development
- Develop and hold accountability to ensure high standards of teaching and learning (including innovative practice) with objectives of improved student academic achievement and accelerated skill development
- Develop and maintain oversight of Rosedale Global High School’s community-level academic excellence practice from assessment framework, data collection & reporting, insights development, and continuous improvement
Partner School Guidance
- Monitor and analyze student performance across all subjects, conduct diagnostics and develop effective strategies and approaches in teaching and learning to accelerate the student learning process, and improve learning outcomes
- Guide partner schools across 17 countries on school-level academic program reporting, self-assessment and review to promote high standards of academic excellence
- Collaborate with Curriculum and Teacher Development departments, develop innovative practice and solutions to advance community-level teaching and learning effectiveness with measurable outcomes
Contribute to Rosedale Curriculum, Teacher Development and Academic Operations
- Conduct regular reviews and reflect on Rosedale curriculum, and teacher development and academic operations, from the partner schools’ and learners’ perspectives, and develop insights for continuous improvement
- Play a critical role in the development of curriculum content, the teacher development program, and central evaluation practices to enhance Rosedale’s learning solutions and the quality of academic delivery
Educational Thought Leadership
- Advocate Rosedale academic excellence to variety of stakeholders (partner schools, universities, industry audience) through presentations, meetings, conferences, speeches, etc.
- Collaborate with central marketing to promote Rosedale’s academic excellence in teaching and learning in diverse formats
- 10+ years of solid experience on IB education at the K-12 level, department head or lead teacher preferred
- Extensive knowledge and experiences in IB curriculum, teaching and learning, with professional methodology and mindset on academic excellence
- Proven track record of success in developing methodology and practices to improve teaching effectiveness and learning outcomes
- Deep understanding of teaching management and academic measurements in schools
- Proficient skills in large-scale learning data analysis, insight development and reporting
- Strong skills of cross-region and cross-team collaboration
- Experiences working with various stakeholders from different cultural backgrounds
- Superior verbal and written communication skills in English; excellent presentation skills
- University degree
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively a fast-paced corporate environment
Work-location policy: Rosedale employees are currently still 100% work-from-home, but the policy may change in 2023. The candidate should be able and willing to commute to Rosedale HQ office at Markham at least twice a week, if required.
Compensation: Competitive package with benefits.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to submit an application package to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Head of Teaching and Learning
Your application package should include the following:
- Cover letter indicating the position applied to, career objectives, and fit with the position
- Resume of qualifications and experience
Applications are currently being accepted on a rolling basis; please apply—we look forward to hearing from you!