Rosedale International Education – Committed to Transforming Education
Rosedale International Education Inc. (Toronto, Canada) delivers school learning solutions in K-12 transformative global education. Embracing innovation in academics and technology, Rosedale provides international schools a holistic education solution, supported by an integrated digital learning platform with transformative curriculum and comprehensive quality assurance services, to create life-changing learning outcomes to students around the world. Rosedale International Education operates Rosedale Global High School.
Rosedale Global High School
Rosedale Global High School delivers technology enabled and transformative learning experiences to a new generation of learners. We partner with top international secondary schools to expand access to world-renowned education that empowers students to design their future and meet their full potential as global citizens—with the benefit of studying in their local school’s classroom. We are committed to our growing diverse network and community and are proud to offer the Rosedale Global High School Programs to 5,000+ students across 95 schools in 17 countries—and growing.
The Manager, Marketing & Communications (Bilingual English/Mandarin) is responsible for providing marketing and communications support that align with the business goals of Rosedale International Education. This role reports to the Director of Marketing & Communications and works in close collaboration across departments, and across our global partner network, to support MarCom initiatives that meet our annual brand and organizational goals.
In this role, the manager demonstrates skills in a breadth of marketing-communications work and has a deep understanding of accuracy and brand positioning for strategic communications, and for strategies that support work in multiple countries. The incumbent for this role will be required to work as a strategy minded manager/marketer with our team colleagues located in Beijing, China—experience and demonstrated working knowledge of China’s MarCom environment, and strategic leadership to translate ideas into action in the Chinese market, is required. Bilingualism in English and Mandarin is required.
The role will help support event marketing and strategic program goals, including collaboration with our partner school network for annual signature events, such as the Global Student Success Forum.
Canva Pro fluency is required for this role and experience with creating short-form video for web stories, social media, and targeted for our signature event is necessary. If you are not fluent in Canva, you must display fluency in Adobe programs or similar to meet the business needs of the organization. This role directly support both teams in Toronto and Beijing with marketing initiatives.
Duties and responsibilities
- Relationship building: Between Toronto and Beijing staff who you will manage to ensure goals, tactics, and deliverables are met.
- Strategic thinking: With a sales focus for our market in China.
- Purposeful storytelling: Research, and stay on top of, global industry themes/stories and confidently present your ideas for integrating themes/stories. Interview partner school owners and principals, global high school students, and teachers on a range of topics. Enhance storytelling with creative and sales-aligned strategies.
- Signature events: Support signature events between our main office and Beijing.
- Business-marketing strategy: Sales-oriented mindset that elevates the key selling points of non-core business in competitive revenue markets.
- Media opportunities: Create a strategy for media/PR that is comprehensive and collaborative with our partner school network and meets the ever-changing needs of the media landscape. Show awareness of trends, and find new opportunities, to elevate the Rosedale brand, along with our partner school network, with emphasis on China.
- Drafting communications and marketing content: With direction and support, provide first-draft communications for a variety of initiatives, including for event marketing (e.g. annual events) and strategic programs (e.g. webinars, quarterly Marketing Matters sessions with partners), social media and other initiatives.
- Graphic design and video: Provide design and video services for brand storytelling. Develop assets in Canva Pro for posts and ad buys using pre-determined templates and criteria. If you are not fluent in Canva, you must display fluency in Adobe programs or similar to meet the business needs of the organization. Must understand China’s market and design needs.
- Other tasks as required, such as: Social media, budget management, on-site/virtual event support, and more.
Required experience and knowledge
- Minimum 8 years of marketing and communications experience
- Bilingualism in English and Mandarin
- Undergraduate degree in journalism, advertising, media and/or marketing related fields
- Understanding of the global education sector and willingness to further develop your understanding of the sector; understanding of B2B/B2C business
- Clear, effective and thoughtful communication skills
- Excellent proofreading, research and fact-checking skills
- Positive mindset and ability to be flexible as priorities shift
- Fluency in English and Mandarin: This position will be required to work with our team located in Beijing, China
- Ability to work independently on defined tasks; experience with remote work is an asset
- Working knowledge of relevant tools and technology including:
- Canva Pro
- Adobe Creative Cloud e.g. .ID, .AI, .PR, .PS
- Microsoft Suite e.g. Outlook, Forms, Teams
- Project management software e.g. Asana, Monday
- CRM and relationship management tools e.g. HubSpot
- Website support e.g. WordPress
Work location, compensation and benefits
- Compensation range is $65,000 to $70,000 per year and based on experience
- Work-location policy: Hybrid; the candidate should be able and willing to commute to Rosedale HQ office at Markham at least twice a week, as required.
- Rosedale offers an extended health benefit plan, vacation time/winter holiday closure, and opportunities for skill/education development
How to apply
Interested candidates are asked to submit an application package in PDF format to email@example.com with subject line: Manager, Marketing & Communications (Bilingual English/Mandarin)
Your application package must include the following:
- Cover letter indicating the position applied to, career objectives, and fit with the position
- Resume of qualifications and experiences
- Portfolio with links demonstrating your expertise as related to the requirements of the job description—this is your chance to show off your writing and video skills before we meet!
Applications must be received by Monday, November 27, 2023—we look forward to hearing from you!