Rosedale International Education – Committed to Transforming Education
Rosedale International Education Inc. (Toronto, Canada) delivers school learning solutions in K-12 transformative global education. Embracing innovation in academics and technology, Rosedale provides international schools a holistic education solution, supported by an integrated digital learning platform with transformative curriculum and comprehensive quality assurance services, to create life-changing learning outcomes to students around the world. Rosedale International Education operates Rosedale Global High School.
Rosedale Global High School delivers technology enabled and transformative learning experiences to a new generation of learners. We partner with top international secondary schools to expand access to world-renowned education that empowers students to design their future and meet their full potential as global citizens—with the benefit of studying in their local school’s classroom. We are committed to our growing diverse network and community, and are proud to offer the Rosedale Global High School Programs to 6,500+ students across 95 schools in 17 countries—and growing.
About the role
The Marketing & Communications Specialist is responsible for providing marketing and communications support that align with the business goals of Rosedale International Education. This role is a supportive position, reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications and working in close collaboration across departments, and across our global partner network, to support MarCom initiatives that meet our annual brand and organizational goals.
In this role, the specialist demonstrates skills in a breadth of marketing-communications work and has a deep understanding of accuracy and brand positioning for strategic communications. In addition to MarCom activities, the role will help support event marketing and strategic program goals, including collaboration for annual signature events, such as the Global Student Success Forum.
The incumbent is able to take initiative and ownership of projects and project tasks, and able to take direction to ensure the brand goals and voice are consistent. You are able to work with multiple stakeholders across timezones and have a can-do personality! Canva Pro fluency is required for this role and experience with creating short-form video for web stories, social media, and targeted for our signature event is helpful.
Your responsibilities include:
- Marketing and communications
- Purposeful storytelling: In collaboration with department heads, craft monthly articles to share the Rosedale narrative and use in MarCom efforts. Research, and stay on top of, global industry themes/stories and confidently present your ideas for integrating themes/stories. Be comfortable with, and excited to, interview with global partner school owners and principals, global high school students, and teachers on a range of topics pertaining to student success. Further enhance storytelling with creative video components, such as interviews or descriptive/graphic elements.
- Social media: In collaboration with department head, drive the social media strategy for continuous growth. Schedule posts from purposeful storytelling, to information that places Rosedale in the international education news cycle. Adhere to posting schedule and report on pre-determined metrics, using those metrics to inform our practice.
- Graphic design and video: Provide design and video services for brand storytelling. Develop assets in Canva Pro for posts and ad buys using pre-determined templates and criteria. Creativity to conceptualize and develop assets, and take design direction on Canva is a plus! Liaise with staff to ensure they are utilizing proper brand guides, logos, and brand language when necessary.
- Relationship building: Become a trustworthy key figure for our internal staff; you provide guidance on the brand and logo use, and are available to support the team alongside the department head. You are comfortable speaking with our network of partner schools and building relationships with schools administrators/principals/owners, as well as students and teachers as it pertains to interviewing and storytelling.
- Drafting communications and marketing content: With direction and support, provide first-draft communications for a variety of initiatives, including for event marketing (e.g. annual events) and strategic programs (e.g. webinars, quarterly Marketing Matters sessions with partners), social media and other initiatives. Formats may include newsletters through HubSpot or similar software, Principal’s Messages to the Rosedale Global High School community (e.g. administrators and staff; students and families), Moodle, internal messaging channels/apps. B2B & B2B marketing: Support portfolio work of stakeholder specific marketing collateral.
- Website: Support website updates, including article uploading, image sourcing and brand maintenance.
- Signature events: Support signature events from a MarCom perspective, which may include: Development of materials and supporting content; organization of forms and external webpages/event platforms; availability for tech tests on event platforms as required; support global leading universities with onboarding for event; and so on. Support partner schools in onboarding for events and providing collateral as needed.
- Memberships, awards and proposals: As part of our ongoing PR and positioning efforts, we will research opportunities for organizational alignment through memberships, and will seek supportive opportunities to gain recognition in the international education sector through award applications; as well as submit proposals for conferences/presentation opportunities to be viewed as thought-leaders and innovators. Identify additional opportunities for memberships, awards and proposals; keep updated on timelines and support drafts with the department head and leadership team members who will provide input/expertise.
- Budget management: Learn departmental budget management skills as it pertains to the webinar series.
- On-site/virtual event advocate: Ability to occasionally represent Rosedale across marketing efforts, including opportunities at trade shows and events hosted by external organizations.
- Creativity and independence: Ask questions, innovate, use your creativity to enhance our work!
- Accessibility: Ensure images on the website and across social media include alt-text and are otherwise accessible.
- Other tasks as required.
Your expertise includes:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of marketing and communications experience
- Undergraduate degree in journalism, media, marketing related fields
- Understanding of the global education sector and willingness to further develop your understanding of the sector; understanding of B2B/B2C business
- Clear, effective and thoughtful communication skills
- Excellent proofreading, research and fact-checking skills
- Positive mindset and ability to be flexible as priorities shift
- Fluency in English, fluency in a second language is an asset
- Ability to work independently on defined tasks; experience with remote work is an asset
- Working knowledge of relevant tools and technology including:
- Canva Pro
- Adobe Creative Cloud e.g. .ID, .AI, .PR, .PS
- Microsoft Suite e.g. Outlook, Forms, Teams
- Project management software e.g. Asana, Monday
- CRM and relationship management tools e.g. HubSpot
- Website support e.g. WordPress
Work location policy: Rosedale employees are currently still 100% work-from-home, but the policy may change in 2023. The candidate should be able and willing to commute to Rosedale HQ in Markham at least twice a week, if required.
Compensation and benefits: Compensation range based on experience. Rosedale offers an extended health benefit plan, vacation time/winter holiday closure, and opportunities for skill/education development.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are asked to submit an application package to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Marketing & Communications Specialist
Your application package should include the following:
- Cover letter indicating the position applied to, career objectives, and fit with the position
- Resume of qualifications and experiences
- Relevant portfolio with links demonstrating your expertise as related to the requirements of the job description
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by Wednesday, April 26, 2023—we look forward to hearing from you!