Rosedale International Education – Committed to Transforming Education
Rosedale International Education Inc. (Toronto, Canada) is a leading practitioner and solution provider in scaling the delivery of global K-12 differentiated education. Embracing innovation in academics and technology, Rosedale takes modern education to new heights, delivering life-changing learning outcomes to students around the world.
Rosedale Academy is a global high school (Ontario Ministry of Education BSID 668726), operated by Rosedale International Education Inc. We are dedicated to building strong partnerships with top secondary schools around the world to provide students with access to differentiated education with an emphasis on higher order thinking skills, while studying in their local school’s classroom.
We empower our international partner schools to embrace their local expertise in teaching and learning. Rosedale Academy delivers a range of robust curriculum rooted in the Ontario Secondary School Diploma and advanced by disruptive innovation in education technology, data-driven learning management, and comprehensive quality assurance services to ensure students reach their full potential and open pathways to their future.
We are committed to our growing diverse network and community and are proud to offer the Rosedale Academy Global High School Program to 6,500+ students across 95 schools in 17 countries—and growing.
About the role
The Marketing & Communications Specialist is responsible for providing marketing and communications support that align with the business goals of Rosedale International Education. This role is a supportive position, reporting to the Head of Education Marketing & Communications and working in close collaboration across departments to support MarCom initiatives that meet our annual brand and organizational goals.
In this role, the specialist demonstrates skills in a breadth of marketing-communications work and has a deep understanding of accuracy and brand positioning for strategic communications. In addition to MarCom activities, the role will help support event marketing and strategic program goals, including our webinar series, and collaboration for our two annual signature events, the Global Student Success Forum and Global Education Summit.
Your responsibilities include
- Marketing and communications
- Purposeful storytelling: In collaboration with department heads, craft monthly articles to share the Rosedale narrative and use in MarCom efforts. Research, and stay on top of, global industry themes/stories and confidently present your ideas for integrating themes/stories. Further enhance storytelling with creative video components, such as interviews or descriptive/graphic elements.
- Drafting communications and marketing content: With direction and support, provide first-draft communications for a variety of initiatives, including for event marketing (e.g. annual events) and strategic programs (e.g. webinars), social media and other initiatives. Formats may include newsletters through HubSpot or similar software, Principal’s Messages to the Global High School Community (e.g. administrators and staff; students and families), Moodle, internal messaging channels/apps. B2B & B2B marketing: Support portfolio work of stakeholder specific marketing collateral.
- Social media: In collaboration with department head, drive the social media strategy for continuous growth. Schedule posts from purposeful storytelling, to information that places Rosedale in the international education news cycle. Adhere to posting schedule and report on pre-determined metrics, using those metrics to inform our practice.
- Graphic design and video: Provide design and video services for ad hoc needs. Support social media with assets in Canva for posts and ad buys using pre-determined templates and criteria. Liaise with internal staff to ensure they are utilizing proper brand guides, logos, and brand language.
- Website: Support website updates, including article uploading, image sourcing and brand maintenance.
- Webinar series and signature events: Support the ongoing development of a webinar series that advances the mission of Rosedale Academy to transform the future of global education, together. Manage registration lists and spreadsheets as needed and integrate to HubSpot or similar software; collaborate on webinar brief ideation and panelists; be available for tech tests and to support panelists throughout the process and in follow up post-webinar. For other signature events, support as required across the MarCom portfolio and in areas such as sponsorship where you may engage in research and package development from a MarCom lens.
- Memberships, awards and proposals: As part of our ongoing PR and positioning efforts, we will research opportunities for organizational alignment through memberships, and will seek supportive opportunities to gain recognition in the international education sector through award applications; as well as submit proposals for conferences/presentation opportunities to be viewed as thought-leaders and innovators. Identify additional opportunities for memberships, awards and proposals; keep updated on timelines and support drafts with the department head and leadership team members who will provide input/expertise.
- Budget management: Learn departmental budget management skills as it pertains to the webinar series.
- Relationship building: Become a trustworthy key figure for our internal staff; you provide guidance on the brand and logo use, and are available to support the team alongside the department head.
- On-site/virtual event advocate: Ability to occasionally represent Rosedale across marketing efforts, including opportunities at trade shows and events hosted by external organizations.
- Creativity and independence: Ask questions, innovate, use your creativity to enhance our work!
- Accessibility: Ensure images on the website and across social media include alt-text and are otherwise accessible.
- Other tasks as required .
Your expertise includes
- Minimum of 3-5 years of marketing and communications experience
- Undergraduate degree in journalism, media, marketing related fields
- Understanding of the global education sector and willingness to further develop your understanding of the sector; understanding of B2B/B2C business
- Clear, effective and thoughtful communication skills
- Excellent proofreading, research and fact-checking skills
- Positive mindset and ability to be flexible as priorities shift
- Fluency in English, fluency in a second language is an asset
- Ability to work independently on defined tasks; experience with remote work is an asset
- Working knowledge of relevant tools and technology including:
- Adobe Creative Cloud e.g. .ID, .AI, .PR, .PS
- Canva Professional
- Microsoft Suite e.g. Outlook, Forms, Teams
- Project management software e.g. Asana
- CRM and relationship management tools e.g. HubSpot
- Basic website support e.g. WordPress
Work location, compensation and benefits
- Head Office – 7030 Woodbine Avenue, Suite 800, Markham ON L3R 6G2
- Staff are currently able to work remotely, expectation for in-office work/critical meetings TBD
- Compensation range is $45,000 to $60,000 per year and based on experience
- Rosedale offers an extended health benefit plan, vacation time, and opportunities for skill/education development
How to apply
Interested candidates are asked to submit an application package in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Marketing & Communications Specialist
Your application package should include the following:
- Cover letter indicating the position applied to, career objectives, and fit with the position
- Resume of qualifications and experiences
- Relevant portfolio with links demonstrating your expertise as related to the requirements of the job description
Applications must be received by Tuesday, April 19, 2022—we look forward to hearing from you!