Statement: The University of Queensland partners with Rosedale Global High School to initiate the first accelerated admissions submission process for secondary school students
Dear partner school administrators, teachers, students, and parents:
We are pleased to share that as of June 20, 2023 The University of Queensland (UQ) has partnered with Rosedale Global High School to initiate The University of Queensland’s first accelerated admissions submission process with a school-specific portal for secondary school students, worldwide.
This marks a significant milestone in Rosedale’s collaboration with Australia’s higher education community and the reputation of Rosedale Global High School’s Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) Program. As the first Canadian secondary school that has established the accelerated admission submission process with a school-dedicated application portal, Rosedale Global High School continues to be trusted as a leader in both academic excellence and student success, by the world’s most prestigious universities.
The University of Queensland ranks 43 in the 2024 QS World University Rankings, and is among Australia’s top-ranked universities, with 16 subjects ranked in the Global Top 50 (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2023)—and Rosedale Global High School graduates consistently seek out leading universities such as UQ to further their educational aspirations.
Anthony Craig, Regional Manager (Europe, The Americas & Study Abroad) at The University of Queensland says, “The University of Queensland welcomes students from Rosedale Global High School to apply to The University of Queensland. We also look forward to continuing to develop a strong relationship between our respective institutions.”
With this accelerated admission submission process, Rosedale Global High School students pursuing admission to The University of Queensland will have access to:
- An exclusive admissions portal for our students interested in attending The University of Queensland, which will expedite the admissions process timeline.
- What this means for our community: Instead of waiting until final transcripts are available in June, UQ will issue the student applicants with conditional offers. This means that Rosedale students can receive a conditional offer from UQ six months earlier than when following the typical process. In a highly competitive admission process, the conditional offer provides students and their caregivers with both proof and reassurance that they hold an academic seat at UQ, allowing students to plan and focus on their studies and other important aspects of their aspirations.
- A streamlined application process between the Guidance Department at Rosedale Global High School and The University of Queensland to accelerate the admissions process.
- What this means for our community: Upon successful completion of courses, the streamlined application submission process allows Rosedale’s Central Guidance Department to directly send required files to UQ, including the student applicant’s transcript, which may lead to an unconditional offer (should all conditions be met) and a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) that is used for visa applications. Our graduates can commence the next steps to start their journey abroad sooner.
- Completed transcripts are required for all other OSSD applicants, with only Rosedale OSSD students afforded the privilege to engage in the accelerated admission process.
- What this means for our community: Your Rosedale OSSD is positioned to receive an offer without a full transcript, allowing the student process to begin sooner, be finalized quicker, and receive an early offer from UQ. Note that Rosedale students applying outside of the admissions portal will require a full, completed transcript before an offer can be made.
The development of this accelerated admissions submission process by The University of Queensland, specifically for Rosedale Global High School, continues our joint leadership and collaboration in ensuring life-changing learning outcomes for students around the world. Recognition of Rosedale Global High School alongside a Top 50 University, coupled with a streamlined process for our global student body, is a privilege and milestone for the Rosedale Global High School community. We look forward to continuing our upward trajectory of cultivating growth from high school to higher education and supporting our Rosedale Global High School partner school network and its more than 4,000 global students to design their future and reach their full potential at leading universities.
Please contact Rosedale’s Guidance Team with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you,Rosedale Guidance Office Team and The Principal’s Office Rosedale Global High School
The University of Queensland’s Australian provider codes are CRICOS 00025B • TEQSA PRV12080